UPDATE: 11 March at 16.00: CANCELLATIONS DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS
FROM THURSDAY 12 March until the closing day of the festival on SATURDAY 14 March, all performances, seminars and events of Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival are CANCELLED due to the latest development of the Coronavirus in Norway.
We are very sorry about the inconvenience this may cause to the artists and to the audience, but the safety of the community comes first.
Tonight’s performances (Wednesday 11 March) during Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival 2020 will be held with REDUCED CAPACITY (below 50 people), both at Black Box teater and Riksscenen, at the scheduled times. Audiences will have to wash their hands with Antibac before entering the theater. Audiences will be seated at least one metre away from each other.
All audiences who already bought their tickets for the performances between 12–14 March, taking place at Black Box teater, will have their ticket refunded within the upcoming weeks. We will contact you via email regarding this.
If you have tickets for Mia Habib Productions - How to die – Inopiné at Dansens Hus, Oslo, please visit www.dansenshus.com for further information.
We have a social responsibility to limit the extent and evolution of the virus, and we all want to do what it takes to contribute.
Thank you to all of you who have been joining the festival the past week! It has been a wonderful time and a true pleasure having you here.
We hope you all stay healthy!
the team at Black Box teater / Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival
In light of COVID-19 (the novel Coronavirus), Black Box teater and the team of Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival are taking sensible precautions, as aligned with the recommendations of the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival’s Precautionary Measures against COVID-19
Individual and Space Hygiene & Cleaning Practices:
– Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival and Black Box teater staff are washing their hands frequently, and we encourage everyone else entering Black Box teater and the other festival venues to do the same, including artists, their collaborators, children and visitors.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
– Cover every cough or sneeze with a tissue, and clean your hands.
– We have increased our space and surface cleaning protocols (this includes door handles, bathroom faucets, table surfaces, etc.) to be wiped down with Antibac disinfectant several times daily.
– We also have additional Antibac hand sanitizers around the building, including in the foyer.
– Please stay home if you are not feeling well. Contact your doctor via telephone.
– Anyone who has been in red areas (Hubei-Province in China, Italy, Iran, South-Korea or Austria (Tirol) is told to stay at home 14 days after the visit. Please be mindful of how important this is in terms of self-care as well as caring for your communities.
– CDC information from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health
– CDC information from World Health Organization